contents of the first sarge CD image

Hi,

I burned a sarge-i386-1.iso the other day using Jigdo from gluck.
Who/what decides what packages go onto it?

I'm asking because some of the fairly popular programs that I use are
missing from it: zsh, elinks, joe -- none of these reasonably small packages
are on it, whereas there's atlas2-{base,3dnow} which are larger than all of
the three of those former combined!

It can't be due to redundancy, because I see three versions of awk and half
a dozen X terminal emulators on the CD, just to name a few MB of examples...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.