Re: contents of the first sarge CD image

Le Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 11:30:07PM +0200, Josip Rodin écrivait:
> Hi,
>
> I burned a sarge-i386-1.iso the other day using Jigdo from gluck.
> Who/what decides what packages go onto it?

It's a complex algorithm. :) Basically, just check tasks/Debian_sarge
as a starting point.

We try to include on the first CD all packages listed in a "Task"
(tasks/task-essential-sarge, tasks/task-full-sarge), all
packages required by debootstrap (tasks/base-sarge),
and generally speaking the most common packages (as defined by the
popularity contest, tasks/popularity-contest-sarge).

On the other hand we have an exclude mechanism because some packages
get included for other reasons (standard priority for example) and we
don't want them on the first CD (tasks/exclude-sarge) but they may
be reintegrated somewhere else (tasks/unexclude-CD2-sarge). Those two
"features" need some specific environment variables set at build time
and thus those files may have been not used to build the sarge image
available ...

We also have a custom "must-have" list: tasks/forcd1

Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org