Re: Debian CDs?

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Craig Hixson wrote:

>    I am trying to make a Debian CD, or maybe say your web site puts it [
> I want to burn/press my own customized CDs, with a subset of Debian
> packages, other interesting programs, etc. ]
>   I have ran into a error in trying to make them.  Not a error but, well let
> me put it this way, i have a robot cd burner of 20 cd burners and 2 printers
> for printing.  I understand that i need to edit the linux [ images and
> other] for our own distribution but the CD burners we have are WinX only [9x
> / NT] I was wondering if there was any way for us to burn Debian w/ edited
> for and burn it from are burning system?

At this moment customized Debian CDs can only be made on a Debian system, and
I don't think anyone here feels any need to change that. But you only need a
Debian system to make the CD image; once you have that you can burn CDs of it
on any OS you like.

(As a sidenote, if you sell Debian CDs (esp. customized ones), users are
likely to contact you for some limited support. So you can give better service
if you have some Debian experience yourself, or a machine with Debian
installed to try out if things work the way you think/would like ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer