Re: Debian GNU/kNetBSD Sources

Hi,

Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> On 26/02/13 08:26, Martin wrote:
> > I understand that the Debian GNU Netbsd project is inactive and has been
> > since 2002, but is the source of what was done still available?
>
> It would be nice to be able to dig this up, but it's actually kind of
> strange how few traces of it can still be found online.  It seems like
> bandwidth, FTP space and source code repositories were still relatively
> scarce 10 years ago.

IIRC the final death for Debian GNU/NetBSD and Debian GNU/FreeBSD
(without "k") was a fire in combination with no backup:

http://web.archive.org/web/20110728174822/http://www.debian.org/ports/freebsd/bsd-libc-based
(Citing from there: "There were packages available but the public copy
is no longer available due to a server lost in fire. Due to this and
some other unfortunate circumstances, the progress on the port is
presently stalled.")

See also http://www.debian.org/News/2002/20021122

Guessing from other sources on the net, it seems that the GNU/NetBSD
and Debian GNU/FreeBSD (without "k") projects had a lot in common, so
this probably also explains the lack of code and other traces on the
net for Debian GNU/NetBSD.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin