Re: Debian GNU/kNetBSD Sources

Hi,

On 26/02/13 08:26, Martin wrote:
> I understand that the Debian GNU Netbsd project is inactive and has been
> since 2002, but is the source of what was done still available?

It would be nice to be able to dig this up, but it's actually kind of
strange how few traces of it can still be found online.  It seems like
bandwidth, FTP space and source code repositories were still relatively
scarce 10 years ago.

The glibc-bsd SVN didn't begin until 2004.  An older sourceforge.net
project seems to have been deleted.

Fortunately there is still a wealth of info in the list archives,
especially around 2002-3:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/

Unfortunately most of the links for APT repositories etc. are dead now,
e.g.:
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mjg59/debian-netbsd/
http://debian-bsd.lightbearer.com/
http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian/
+ self-hosted dyndns services, free.fr, Geocities(!)

There are a few pieces at the Internet Archive (including some patches
and .debs):
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mjg59/debian-netbsd/*
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://debian-bsd.lightbearer.com/*

Also I found found some kind of minimal Debian/KNetBSD i386 chroot
tarball (but no sources or compiler) at:
http://people.debian.org/~rmh/knetbsd-gnu/

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org