Re: : packages for base system

Hello!

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 08:24:02AM -0700, Michael Goetze wrote:

> Hm...
>
> > bash - The GNU Bourne Again Shell
>
> Mightn't it be easier to start with ash? I mean, it's originally from
> NetBSD, and it's the shell on the Debian Rescue Floppy, so it's one of
> the points of contact between the two worlds.

The bash already works on NetBSD, AFAIK, so there won't be much problem
with it. And it is the Debian-standard, so I say, let's keep it.

> > e2fsprogs - The EXT2 file system utilities and libraries *
>
> Hm, are you sure we should use EXT2? I mean, NetBSD uses something
> else, doesn't it? What's the rationale for switching? And, if we do
> switch, why not go ReiserFS while we're at it? :-)

ReiserFS isn't supported by NetBSD and it isn't stable enough to become
the standard FS. I'll propose either Ext2 or the standard NetBSD-FS (is
it FFS?).

Greets,

Stephen Rueger