Re: vote

Note: I'm just a user; not a Debian contributer.

1) Which kernel?
  a) OpenBSD kernel
  b) NetBSD kernel
  c) FreeBSD kernel

  d) Darwin kernel

On this issue I'm mostly neutral, although if I had to choose I'd lean towards FreeBSD, for no particular reason other than I get the impression it's the most mature one (hardware support etc).

2) What userland
  a) only the userland that came with the chosen kernel
  b) "native" userland + some GNU utilities
  c) mostly GNU utilities + some very system dependent userland
     utilities.

(c) - of course! As I user, what I want is essentially Debian, except with a non-Linux kernel. The only reason I'm even sticking to Linux the way I am, is Debian. As soon as I boot FreeBSD/OpenBSD and such I immediately miss the Debian way of doing things. As far as I know, there is no system for Free/OpenBSD that is really comparable to dpkg + apt-get in Debian. That's what I'd love to have.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org