Re: Wheezy : update-grub won't list other GNU/Linux installed on RAID 1

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 20:55:29 +0200
Chris Debian <cpdebian@alexetchris.com> wrote:

> I did test both GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true and
> GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false followed by a 'sudo update-grub', but it
> did not changed anything : my other OS is not detected.
>
> It seems that os-prober does not succeed in detecting the kernel in
> the boot partition over RAID1...

That's odd; I have a similar setup, two boot partitions over RAID1 (on
separate pairs of disks), and GRUB was detecting both of those, until I
turned one of them off with "GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true".

But in my case both OS installs were Debian, whereas one of yours is
Ubuntu, and I didn't have any LUKS-crypto involved (although the rest of
both operating systems was installed in LVM/RAID10 volumes). Maybe one
of those things is the relevant difference.

versions:

grub: 1.99-27+deb7u1

os-prober: 1.58

-- Ian Bruce