From: Christian PERRIER [mailto:bubulle@debian.org]
Sent: 21 август 2013 с. 22:54
To: debian-boot@lists.debian.org; debian-i18n@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Possible capitalization and extra space issue

Quoting Victor Ibragimov (victor.ibragimov@gmail.com):
> Hi,
>
> The following issue found in the Debian-installer template (sublevel4)
template is also attached.
> ===============
> #. Type: boolean
> #. Description
> #. :sl4:
> #: ../quik-installer.templates:3001
> msgid "quik installation failed.  Continue anyway?"
> msgstr ""
> ================
> Possible capitalization and extra space issue. String needs to be updated
to:

> msgid "Quik installation failed. Continue anyway?"

THis is one of the cases where we avoid capitalization because "quik"
is the program name. I usually try to avoid this situation but we sometimes
have to leave it as is.

So, I won't fix it.

The double space is indeed something that should be fixed. However, in order
to avoir fuzzying existing translations, that requires some manual
processing.

There are maybe a few others cases where we still have such double
spaces: some English native speakers tend to use them after full stops,
sadly.