Re: Processed: dealing with old installation-reports

reassign 642159
thanks

* Debian Bug Tracking System [Sat, Jul 20 2013, 01:21:16PM]:
> > reassign 642159 apt-cacher-ng
> Bug #642159 [debian-installer] debian-installer preseed broken with apt-cacher-ng mirror
> Bug reassigned from package 'debian-installer' to 'apt-cacher-ng'.
> No longer marked as found in versions debian-installer/20110106+squeeze3.
> Ignoring request to alter fixed versions of bug #642159 to the same values previously set

No, please don't reassign this to me because I have no idea whether and
when this bug was fixed.

In case you missed the main part of this bug report, here it is:

> Instead when I run applications from the Kickstart %post section, all HTTP connections are proxied; curl, wget, lynx, hg (mercurial), everything. Once the system installs and reboots all is good, the only remanence of the mirror/http/proxy setting is in /etc/apt/apt.conf, which is fine (though I think that should be configurable too). mirror/http/proxy is setting the environment variable http_proxy.

Which means: you cheat with the environment, breaking unrelated
programs. Not the finest art.

Regards,
Eduard.