Re: Preparation for d-i beta 1

Le mercredi, 4 juillet 2012 18.46:54, Didier Raboud a écrit :
>                              The approach I have been taking is to keep
> producing arch:all packages (as was done in
> src:debian-installer-netboot-images ), but one at a time: when amd64's d-i
> is built, then the debian-installer-7.0-netboot-amd64:all package is
> built by unpacking the just-built
> netboot.tar.gz's. debian/control becomes a maintainer-generated file.
>
> This leads to the following problem: buildds are very probably not letting
> arch:all packages go towards the archive.

FWIW, I just tested a "simple" sbuild run with the code from the
aforementioned branch, the result is the following:

* debian-installer-7.0-netboot-${ARCH}_${VERSION}_all.deb is built;
* the .changes doesn't point to the _all.deb;
* … so the package is not taken out of the build chroot;
* sbuild complains loudly:

 I: Built successfully
 E: Package builds debian-installer-7.0-netboot-amd64_$
{VERSION}_all.deb when binary-indep target is not called.  This is a bug in
the packaging.
 E: Package claims to have built debian-installer-7.0-netboot-
armel_${VERSION}_all.deb, but did not.  This is a bug in the packaging.
 (… same for all non-amd64 packages…)

So the "building" works, but dpkg-genchanges and sbuild stand in the way.

What's the way forward?

OdyX