Re: My cdebconf is escaped !

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 11:57 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Regis Boudin wrote:
> >  * ejabberd. During postinst, cdebconf seems to wait indefinitely on the
> > read() in confmodule.c, line 109. The problem only occurs if
> > "invoke-rc.d ejabberd start" is called during the postinst script,
> > though.
>
> Sounds like the typical problem of a daemon inheriting the confmodule
> FD, or something to do with STOP handling. The ejabberd postinst
> does send a STOP.

I thought about something related to the FD, indeed.
IIRC the monkeyshpere postinst complained about stdin/stdout, so it
might be more of it.

> Debconf/CondModule.pm special-cases the stop command, so it does
> not send a reply to it.
>
> Looks to me like cdebconf's command_stop returns a reply to stop. Quite
> likely it blocks forever, since the client confmodule does not read
> that reply.

Thanks for the additional info, I'll look into the handling by debconf
and see if I can fix it.

Amusingly, there was just an ejabberd update, with the freeze happening
while I was typing this message.

Regis