Re: My cdebconf is escaped !

Regis Boudin wrote:
>  * ejabberd. During postinst, cdebconf seems to wait indefinitely on the
> read() in confmodule.c, line 109. The problem only occurs if
> "invoke-rc.d ejabberd start" is called during the postinst script,
> though.

Sounds like the typical problem of a daemon inheriting the confmodule
FD, or something to do with STOP handling. The ejabberd postinst
does send a STOP.

Debconf/CondModule.pm special-cases the stop command, so it does
not send a reply to it.

Looks to me like cdebconf's command_stop returns a reply to stop. Quite
likely it blocks forever, since the client confmodule does not read
that reply.

--
see shy jo