Re: The current kernel doesn't support the Logical Volume Manager. You may need to load the lvm-mod module.

Philipp Kern writes ("Re: The current kernel doesn't support the Logical Volume Manager. You may need to load the lvm-mod module."):
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:50:48PM +0300, George Shuklin wrote:
> > 2) We didn't download newer initrd/vmlinuz and using saved images to your
> > servers (some days before they works fine for long time, now stops)
>
> You should probably install one of the debian-installer-6.0-netboot-amd64
> packages on your TFTP boot server.  Sadly netboot is not currently guaranteed
> to work across point releases.

Can't we make this work somehow ?

The old images are still in the archive in
 installer-{amd64,i386}/<previous-version>
which suggests that they're supposed to work, but they are broken AIUI
by the lack of the appropriate udebs.

Would you agree that this is a bug ?

Ian.