Re: warn users if they try to install desktop with CD1 and no network?

Hi,

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
>> and chose the desktop and laptop tasks during installation. During the
>> "Could we make desktop users need their local Debian geeks less?" BoF I
>> wondered if it was normal that my new installation did not offer
>> Shutdown as an option in GNOME's System->Shut Down dialog.
>
> What was the missing package?

After

sudo apt-get install pm-utils
sudo reboot

the menu option is visible and works.

> However, this is not displayed if you explicitly choose not to configure
> the network.

I think in my case network setup was failing since d-i didn't support
WPA2 at that time and I just skipped the network setup part. It took me
a few days to notice and realize why my installation was so crippled :-)

-Timo