Re: Some bugfixes for LILO to go into Squeeze [new DM]

Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org> wrote on 2010-12-06 23:56:

> Yes. Sending us a debdiff before the upload would be appreciated.
Thanks for your readiness.

Now I have created a LILO package only with essential fixes and
updates. I have appended the debdiff log. And here is the changelog:

lilo (1:22.8-9) unstable; urgency=low

  * New maintainter.
  * debian/patches:
    - Remove patch 16_geometry.patch for inaccessible disks and add
      information in README.Debian about using of 'inaccessible' option.
      (Closes: #409285, #400642)
    - Fix script checkit for newer gcc.
    - Fix for use LVM volume as root device. (Closes: #398957)
    - Fix for better computing vmlinux size, upgrade hints in
      README.Debian. (fixing sporadic failures).
  * Fix hook scripts: check for /sbin/lilo.
  * Add lacking file disk.com for creating test floppy.
  * Add universal menu image for debian, remove menu image for sarge.
      Update of template, postinst and postrm. (Closes: #420587, #427507)
  * Set source format 1.0. Add README.source file.
  * Update watch file to new alioth project area.
  * debian/control:
    - Remove VCS urls and add new Homepage url.
    - Remove IA64 architecture (this is already status quo).
    - Remove double lines of Priority and Section.
    - Add package conflicts to grub-pc and grub-legacy.
    - Remove conflicts to manpages.
    - Bump to Standards-Version 3.9.1 (without changes).

The new package files already can be found here:
http://lilo.alioth.debian.org/debian-mentors/

Today I will upload the new package to mentors.d.o.

I would be glad if the release team would accept this new package
and let it go into squeeze.

Have a nice day,

Joachim (Germany)