Re: Status of Debian Installer for Alpha 1

Hello,

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> [2009-11-23 19:44]:
>>  27 Nov 2009: have udebs of kernel uploaded
>>  30 Nov 2009: meeting and review current status
>>  04 Dec 2009: have g-i working again (if possible)
>
> So what's the status of alpha1?  For some reason, I have the
> impression that virtually nothing happened since your posting on
> November 23.

Not really; I've posted a proposed patch for droping GTK from the
build (and I'm today working on the fixes that Frans has said) and
also tryed to get GTK fixed (talked with GTK maintainers, Colin,
Jeremy,...). I was trying hard to not drop it since, as noted by
Christian, many languages are going to be broken without it.

In meanwhile choose-mirror has been uploaded and this is a important
module to have in, it should go tomorrow I guess.

I also looked at a bug in parted to check if it was a blocker for the
release or not, tested last GTK release with d-i and few other tests I
did in the free time I had. So I think something has happened.

> We really need a little bit more coordination and communication.  For
> example, there are some changes in SVN that haven't been uploaded.
> Should those be uploaded?  I didn't want to upload anything or make
> further changes because I thought the upload of debian-installer was
> imminent but clearly I was wrong and just wasted 2 weeks.

We do but we also need people offering help if wish things to move
faster. I have been busy at work (in fact I just replied it now since
at this exactly moment was the only free time I had this whole week -
21:00 local time) and you might have asked if I was needing help with
something (as for example the patch to drop GTK that I intended to
have done days ago but couldn't do it).

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br