Re: di-netboot-assistant update for experimental

Sorry for the delayed reply. Too busy working on other things and I forgot.

On Sunday 25 October 2009, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> > There is also an upgrade problem. It looks like when I upgrade that
> > the default configs do get changed, but not the actual existing
> > configs in /var/lib/di-netboot-assistant/, nor the generated ones
> > under the tftpboot directory. So after I changed my DHCP server config
> > to drop option 210, nothing works anymore. Please provide clear
> > instructions how to move from an "old" setup to a "new" one.
>
> I have included a migration script. The remaining action are explained
> in NEWS.Debian but they should actually be optional.
>
> > I tried making the changes manually, but ended up with a broken setup.
> > Not sure if that means the ::/ prefix does not work for me or if I
> > missed something...
>
> Adding ::/ manually everywhere would be very tedious.
> My script should be idempotent, so if you downgrade and re-repgrade, you
> should be fine (unless you actually broke a repository, which you can
> simply purge/reinstall).

This did not work for me, maybe because of changes I made myself. But I
also tested it after upgrading from a clean installation of 0.36b with a
few installed images, and that did work.
Hmm. I didn't actually downgrade as you asked me to, only reinstalled. So I
guess the problem may have been that your script didn't actually get run.

BTW, I noticed one error while downloading the very first image with 0.36b:
I: Processing lenny/amd64 ...
I: Downloading...
I: Computing checksums... netboot/netboot.tar.gz ... done.
I: Moving/Removing temporary files.
I: Extracting...
/usr/bin/di-netboot-assistant: line 369:
   /var/lib/tftpboot/debian-installer/pxelinux.0: No such file or directory
I: Upgrading /var/lib/tftpboot/debian-installer/pxelinux.0 ( to 3.71)
I: Building PXE-Linux' top-menu
I: Building Elilo's top-menu

It would be good to avoid that error, but maybe it's already been fixed in
the new version. I didn't check.