Re: di-netboot-assistant update for experimental

On Friday 16 October 2009, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> I have finally resolved and merged a bunch of patch I had for
> di-netboot-assistant.

Please mark the changelog as "UNRELEASED" when you start on a new version
to make it clear to others using the SVN repo that there are changes that
have not been uploaded and that additional changes should be added to the
current changelog entry instead of creating a new one.
I've now done so for this version.

If you add the following in ~/.devscripts and use dch, this will be done
correctly automatically:
DEBCHANGE_RELEASE_HEURISTIC=changelog

> (Frans, could you have a look at it and upload it to experimental
> please).

I don't think experimental is the right choice here. I doubt you would get
anybody to actually test it from experimental. If you are happy with it, I
think you should just upload to unstable and deal with bug reports ASAP
when they come in.

I have tested the new version using a local build.

IMO the "::/" prefix that looks to be required now should be documented,
either in the pxelinux.HEAD file itself, or in a README.Debian file. I see
you've already mentioned it in NEWS.Debian, but that's for upgrades, not
to document something.

There is also an upgrade problem. It looks like when I upgrade that the
default configs do get changed, but not the actual existing configs
in /var/lib/di-netboot-assistant/, nor the generated ones under the
tftpboot directory. So after I changed my DHCP server config to drop
option 210, nothing works anymore. Please provide clear instructions how
to move from an "old" setup to a "new" one.

I tried making the changes manually, but ended up with a broken setup. Not
sure if that means the ::/ prefix does not work for me or if I missed
something...

Could you also fix the fact that the generated
debian-installer/pxelinux.cfg/default file gets double newlines between
items?

Cheers,
FJP