Re: Different source packages producing the same binaries in different architectures makes dak unhappy

* Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> [2008-11-06 15:47]:
> I think it's clear that the cruft tool should be patched not to propose
> removal of such source packages, but although ftpmaster is open to
> patches, somebody has to produce them. Because of this, I'm asking: is
> there a technical reason that mandates to have split source packages for
> linux-modules-di between arm and armel? Would it be appropriate to merge
> the two?

I just talked to ftpmaster about this again to discsus a possible
workaround (adding a binary package to armel, but not to the arm
package).  But they told me that they're aware of the problem and
don't run the cruft remover on linux-modules-di-arm until the bug in
the cruft tool is fixed.

So it seems we don't have to change the linux-modules-di package at
all.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/