Re: Different source packages producing the same binaries in different architectures makes dak unhappy

* Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> [2008-11-06 15:47]:
> This happened because ftpmaster's tool that detects obsolete source
> packages apparently doesn't cope well with different source packages
> providing the same binary packages in different architectures, which is
> the case between linux-modules-di-arm-2.6 and linux-modules-di-armel-2.6.
>
> I think it's clear that the cruft tool should be patched not to propose
> removal of such source packages, but although ftpmaster is open to
> patches, somebody has to produce them. Because of this, I'm asking: is
> there a technical reason that mandates to have split source packages for
> linux-modules-di between arm and armel? Would it be appropriate to merge
> the two?

Just to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this yet.  Mark
Hymers and I discussed this problem last week and I believe we found a
workaround (add a binary package to the armel but not the arm
linux-modules-di packge so the two packages don't generate exactly the
same binaries).  I'm currently waiting for Mark to confirm before
uploading a new linux-modules-di package.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/