Re: lenny Installer with PXE on HP DL360G5 / bnx2

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 01:51:22PM +0200, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:
> I've tried this with the lenny installer daily build from today; on
> amd64. Installation works, but:
>
> - the firmware files on the installed system (in /lib/firmware) are owned
>   by the initial user, not by root.

That's because the permissions of the files in the initrd are kept when
firmware are copied.  You probably have copied the firmware file as a
non-root user before recreating the initrd.

> - the firmware-bnx2 package is not installed, those files are not
>   claimed by any package. I wonder how they will get updated, if
>   needed?

You will need to install the package manually (but this can be automated
by a simple preseeding file).

> BTW, the manual [1] doesn't seem to contain this info yet, may be
> this should be added at some point?

Probably, yes. :)

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism