Re: Extending flash-kernel to support KuroBox Pro

* Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> [2008-06-17 14:46]:
> > So you flash the kernel but not the ramdisk.  You'll also have to
> > figure out how the ramdisk should be written to flash (in particular,
> > in which format).  See the previous mail I sent you about this.
>
> Since it worked with the debian installer ramdisk, I suspect that
> the cpio format will do.

You loaded the d-i ramdisk with tftpboot, which loads the ramdisk in a
different way to the way it's done when the Kurobox starts normally.
(ftpboot loads a ramdisk, the normal boot process simply specifies
mtdX as the root device.).  So I don't see how you can assume it would
work in the other case.

Did you test this patch?  Why don't you write the ramdisk to mtdX and
see what happens?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/