Re: Installation with recipe / protection of first partition

On Saturday 10 May 2008, Andreas Miller wrote:
> I want to protect the first partition (HP-Tools) of my system from all
> manipulations, but to do an automatically installation of the rest of my
> Etch system with (preseed / recipe). The parameter keep might help but I
> do not know how to configure the details, i.e. the unknown size of the
> partition.

What you want is not possible, except by first (manually) deleting all
existing partitions (except the HP-Tools partition) and then using guided
partitioning with the "use largest free space" option.
With all other guided partitioning methods your existing partition table
will be wiped and all existing partitions will be lost.

Cheers,
FJP