Re: Pending uploads for beta 2 - help needed

On Thursday 08 May 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > However, I would first like to know what the result was of your
> > discussion with the cairo maintainers. IIRC you promised to contact
> > them to see if they could do a revert. Please inform the rest of the
> > team of such things!
>
> I was in touch with Sebastian Dröge <slomo@debian.org>, at
> #gnome-debian IRC channel, but we couldn't talk in last days. Since
> we're near of migration deadline I gave up at getting it reverted now
> (mostly due the tests that it might involve) and will postpone it to
> just after Beta 2 is out.
>
> Last time we talked, he spot that this was his prefered option if
> upstream didn't come to a solution in near future. I'll mail to the
> bug report with that information too.

OK.

When you follow up to the BR you should IMO:
- make clear that we see this as a temporary workaround and that we still
  consider it a serious regression that should be fixed before Lenny
- lower the severity of the BR to important on the assumption that only
  D-I actually cares about the directfb support
- CC the RMs so they can unblock cairo

Cheers,
FJP