Re: Pending uploads for beta 2 - help needed

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:

> On Thursday 08 May 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> I've done a mass upload of packages with translation-only
>> updates. There're still some that needs upload and I'd like to ask for
>> help from porters for it. They're:
>>
>> s390/s390-dasd
>> s390/s390-netdevice
>> s390/zipl-installer
>
> There is no need to upload these as translations are not used on s390.

If they aren't used, why they're enabled for translation?

>> sparc/silo-installer
>
> Not needed as the changed translations are graphical installer only.

Ok.

>> partman/partman-palo
>
> I'll take care of this one, although it's extremely low urgency.

Great.

>> win32-loader
>
> An extra upload just for a single language? We _are_ talking about a beta
> release here you know...

I'd like to give credit to the translators work and the guy/team who
worked with this small deadline deserves to have his work used but
this is more up to Robert then me.

>> We still have a lot of packages with changes in svn that are not
>> uploaded. It would be nice if porters could take a look and upload the
>> updated packages. I'll do a general look once I wake up to see what I
>> can upload (it's a bit late here).

<...>
> A lot of the others have just the Uploaders cleanup pending, so should be
> safe to upload anyway.

Yes. I'll look at them and upload.

>> Jeremy, please add the workaround for the cairo issue and, if you can,
>> upload cdebconf (or I do that after you adds it).
>
> This should be done in rootskel-gtk, so I will take care of this.

Great.

> However, I would first like to know what the result was of your discussion
> with the cairo maintainers. IIRC you promised to contact them to see if
> they could do a revert. Please inform the rest of the team of such things!

I was in touch with Sebastian Dröge <slomo@debian.org>, at
#gnome-debian IRC channel, but we couldn't talk in last days. Since
we're near of migration deadline I gave up at getting it reverted now
(mostly due the tests that it might involve) and will postpone it to
just after Beta 2 is out.

Last time we talked, he spot that this was his prefered option if
upstream didn't come to a solution in near future. I'll mail to the
bug report with that information too.

> I would also very much like to see the patch from Jérémy for
> cdebconf-entropy for #479325 included in beta2. Preferably the last
> remaining issues I noted should also be fixed, but if Jérémy is unavailable
> in time his current patch should definitely be included.

Looks like Jeremy is looking at it. I agree that this needs to get
in. Let's see how it goes and get it done.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116