Re: [[RFC] Netcfg add WPA support 3/4] Add WPA support to netcfg

Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 06:49:02PM +0800, Glenn Saberton wrote:
>> […]
>
> The commit log is a bit too detailed and too specific at the same time.
> I am pretty sure you can find recommandations on what good commit
> message should look like. (I can't give you any pointers right now,
> being offline.)

Will fix.
>> […]
>>  		mkdir -p debian/$(PACKAGE)/var/dhcp ; \
>> -		install -m 755 killall.sh debian/$(PACKAGE)/bin/killall.sh)
>> +		install -m 755 killall.sh debian/$(PACKAGE)/bin/killall.sh; \
>> +                install -m 755 killwpa.sh debian/$(PACKAGE)/bin/killwpa.sh)
>
> Indendation issue.

Yep, sorry. I dont know why I keep getting these problems. (looking at
the source files looks fine) I will make sure to double check my patches
in future.

>> […]
>> +            else {
>> +                fprintf(fp, "\t# wireless-* options are implemented by the wireless-tools package\n");
>>              fprintf(fp, "\twireless-mode %s\n",
>>                      (mode == MANAGED) ? "managed" : "ad-hoc");
>
> Please indent the other statements affected by a change in the control
> flow.
>
>> […]
>> -#define REPLY_CHECK_DHCP             6
>> -#define REPLY_ASK_OPTIONS            7
>
> Err… this was added by your previous patch, wasn't it?  Should be
> merged or fixed, then.  The rest of the patch exhibits the same kind of
> errors.
These constants were only added as I didn't see a better way to split
out and create the reconfigure_wifi function without them. They aren't
needed in subsequent patches with WPA support added. I'll try and come
up with a patch that doesn't need them when I create the function
without support for WPA.

> Please review your patches for such kind of errors before sending them
> to the list…
>
> Cheers,
Thanks for the comments so far. I'll address the issues in the other
patches you commented on as well, and try again. :)