Re: D-I and busybox 1.9.1 test results

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 01:51:49PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Saturday 08 March 2008, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > Hu? Neither config.deb nor config.udeb are empty in the repo nor the
> > source package.
> If I use cat on the files, I get the content. But if I use less, I only get:
> $ less config.deb
> busybox-1.9.1/debian/config/config.deb:

You use a different less. Maybe you have the filetype detection included
and it tries to display this as a debian package.

> > > 3) the installer thinks it is running on serial console instead of a
> > > virtual terminal
> > >
> > > This seems to be the most serious/structural issue. The problem is in
> > > /lib/d-i/detect-console (called by /lib/d-i-startup/S35term). This does
> > > a 'readlink /proc/self/fd/0) which used to return /dev/tty1, but now
> > > returns /dev/console, which makes detect-console conclude we are on
> > > serial console.
> > The other possibility is to remove this code and use own console
> > selection for the installer.
> How?

Parse console= out of /proc/cmdline and check available devices. There
is just one problem: several arches overrides the default console and I
did not find a way to get the active console yet.

Bastian

--
We fight only when there is no other choice.  We prefer the ways of
peaceful contact.