Re: preseed installation, partitioning, lvm, how?

Op 29-12-2007 om 02:19 schreef Tim Stoop:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to get the following (part of my) recipe to work:
>
> d-i partman-auto/init_automatically_partition \
>       select Guided - use entire disk and set up LVM
> d-i partman-auto/method string lvm
> d-i partman-auto/purge_lvm_from_device boolean true
> d-i partman-lvm/confirm boolean true
> d-i partman-auto-lvm/new_vg_name string dom0
> d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string                         \
>       dom0 ::                                                 \
>               700 1500 2000 ext3                              \
>                       $primary{ } $bootable{ }                \
  <snip/>
>               .
> d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select dom0
> d-i partman/confirm_write_new_label boolean true
> d-i partman/choose_partition \
>        select Finish partitioning and write changes to disk
> d-i partman/confirm boolean true
>
> For the most part this is directly from the example. Installation goes all
> the way to loading the partitioner, which fails with:
>
> "Failed to process the preconfiguration file
> The installer failed to process the preconfiguration file from
> http://192.168.1.151/d-i/etch/./preseed.cfg. The file may be corrupt."

I have seen such errors also.
I did culpritt my HTTP CGI script for mangling end of line characters.
I did fallback to use long lines, so not using the continuing line
character '\'. For the disk recipe, I did use a separate file, not
provided by my CGI script.

> I'm at a loss, what am I doing wrong here? I'm trying to create one LVM
> partition, named "dom0", of 10G. And a smallish /, not in LVM. The rest of
> the disc will be used for the domU LVM VG, but I think I need to do that
> from a script.

I can't help with that.
This E-mail is to tell that there are two "problems", one being the 'The
file may be corrupt.' and the other one finding the right way to address
the partman server.
It it would be nice known if the "file corruption" is fixed by avoiding
the continueing line character.

> Any help is appreciated. Google doesn't seem to know about any examples or
> howtos regarding autopartitioning with partman-auto-lvm :(

Yes, updates to http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller are apriciated.

Cheers
Geert Stappers