Re: when etch becomes stable and changing to encrypted swap

Answering only the question I know something about...

On Friday 10 November 2006 20:20, Douglas Tutty wrote:
> Second question:  I use aptitude and update every couple of days.
> sources.list points to Etch.  When Etch becomes stable do I just carry
> on, or will there be or have there been fundamental changes to how the
> installer sets up the partitions that would make it better to reinstall
> Etch when it is stable (next month?)?

There should be no need to reinstall the system. There have been a few
changes that would make a newly installed system slightly different than
the system you currently have, but I doubt any of them are important
enough to warrant reinstallation.