when etch becomes stable and changing to encrypted swap

Hello,

Two related questions.  I'm running Etch amd64 on an AMD 64 Athlon
3800+, dual 80 GB SATA drives: first partion is raid1 /boot, second is
raid1 pv for lvm.

When I installed I didn't choose encryption since I wanted to make sure
everything worked first.  Now that things are working, I would like to
make swap encrypted and put /tmp on tmpfs.  The system is not in
production since Etch is still testing.

First question:  To change to encrypted swap, do I just install
cryptsetup and follow the instructions or would it be better to
reinstall and choose this from the install menus.  Since I'll be making
Etch/stable CD1 when its out, a reinstall is not a hardship as it only
takes about 20 minutes.

Second question:  I use aptitude and update every couple of days.
sources.list points to Etch.  When Etch becomes stable do I just carry
on, or will there be or have there been fundamental changes to how the
installer sets up the partitions that would make it better to reinstall
Etch when it is stable (next month?)?

Comment:  During the install, there was no option that I saw for making
/tmp on tmpfs, yet this seems to be a frequently suggested way of
handling /tmp.

Thanks,

Doug.