Fwd: Cannot download the Release file

You got it.

I tried also
- the current weekly image
- to install it on a different box

with the same result: if I skip the ethernet configuration and mirror
selection, going to disk selection, the base system install fails
because "no installable cdrom was found and no mirror was selected",
or something like this.

>>> The attached logs refer to the last installation (current image on a
>>> different box).
Due to "PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 12): 550 Error: No attachments allowed"
I'm sending this attachment to Frans private email.

I look forward to hearing from you ;-)

Bye,
Marco

BTW On the new machine, I had an ethernet card, but I couldn't
configure it properly. It is an isa 10base2 and 10baseT card, which is
recognized by Win98 as NE2000 compatible (I know also the IRQ and IO
addressed it uses).

Choosing the the ne 1000 / 2000 isa driver or others (ne, ne2k) and
providing those addresses didn't work. What driver would you try?