Re: [g-i] Re: TTF font for Georgian

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 02:28:18PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> OK, I understand.....you're implicitely suggesting that I actually
> slow down when requesting udebs, then ?

I would push for having the udebs without stripping.
We can then play with those eventually turning them into tarballs
and once we've found the right combination of font files / ranges we
can file bugs asking to perform some stripping.

I definitely agree with Frans.

I expanded the spellchecker as to compute the list of codepoints needed
by every language (see [1], "codepoints" column); from what I've seen in
the few days it's been running, the list of codepoints is quite stable.

My idea for finding out a "safe" list of codepoints is to use a list collected
over a long period of time; it can be done using the following:

cp collected_list collected_list.tmp
cat daily_list collected_list.tmp | sort | unique > collected_list

and use collected_list as a reference for stripping the font file; I expect an overhead
smaller let's say than 5% if compared to the daily list of codepoints.
Let me know if I was clear enough and if you think it does make sense.

regards,
Davide

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/spellcheck/level1/index.html