Re: First commit of Tamil translation for Debian Installer

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 07:11:43AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Davide Viti (zinosat@tiscali.it):
> > On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 01:23:21AM +0100, Davide Viti wrote:
> > > using the current fonts the following 43 glyphs are missing:
> > >
> > > bg 2116
> >
> > missing from dejavu
>

> >From what I see, this glyph is a kind of uppercase "N°" named "NUMERO
> SIGN" ....it does not seem to belong to a range dedicated for cyrillic
> characters....

I checked the list of characters used by Bulgarian (see [1]) and it turns out
it's been used 38 times in the bg.po; and Bulgarian is the only language using it.
If the "numero sign" is used to express things like "port nr. 2" we can either file
a bug against dejavu asking to add the glyph, or ask the Bulgarian translator(s) not
to use that character.
I'd go for the second option, but I'd like to know what you think about it.

thanx
Davide

PS: IIRC there's a script which does the opposite of utf2uxx.pl (uxx2utf.pl ??):
do you know where I can find it?

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/spellcheck/level1/latest/nozip/bg_codes.txt