Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

I'll try reply to all of you (Mohammed, Frans, Eddy) in this message.

First of all I'm really happy about the current status of g-i: I just
can't stand being stuck!
Too many infos have proved to equal no infos at all, so the "keep it
simple" approach is probably the most appropriate. I'm sure we have
already everything we need to fix the problem and we just need to
apply everything the right way.

Here's my approach for fixing the Arabic / Persian problem
(suggestions are welcome):

* test the image containing only nazli.ttf and see if it is ok with
  both languages (*** AFAIK we're here ***)

* this evening I'll create an iso containing nazli.ttf and all other
  fonts: I think I've done it already, but I want to do everything
  from scratch!

  let's see if nazli.ttf gets along with all the other font files:

  1) note that ae_AlMohannad.ttf will not be used anylonger (I suppose
     the bold glyphs were taken from it but let's just forget about
     it: we know that ae_AlMohannad.ttf has problems with ligatures
     and we will not use it)
  2) I suppose some glyphs will have to be removed from it (latin
chars
     for sure and eventually some other glyphs)

* if the previous steps are enough to fix the problem we're done :)
  if we see missing / wrong glyphs I suppose there must be some sort
  of conflict:

  we need to take a screenshot (Mohammed we need your help here) and
  understand where is the missing / wrong glyph in the picture. In
  this case I suppose we'll have to find out which is the other ttf
  file providing the duplicate glyph (should be boring but easy to
  find) and remove it from that file.

* in case we cannot identify the duplicate in the font files we can
  start blaming it on the graphic libs; Attilio's application should
  help us here (we don't have it yet).

  Here I could create an iso based on the 2.8.10 libs, or based on
  anything might help to find the problem; but I think this would just
  be the last step I would perform

Let's fix it; support for all languages is just too important.

sincerely,
Davide

PS: nobody has to feel sorry here, we've just followed too many
different
directions which didn't take us anywhere

Tiscali ADSL 4 Mega Flat
Naviga senza limiti con l'unica Adsl a 4 Mega di velocità a soli 19,95 € al mese!
Attivala subito e hai GRATIS 2 MESI e l'ATTIVAZIONE.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/4flat_tc/