Extremadura 2006: G-I meeting confirmed

Hi all,
I got in touch with the people in Extremadura and we are scheduled
for the January slot going from Wednesday 18 to Sunday 22!

I'd ask to the people interested in taking part and to those who
already gave their OK to keep an eye on this mailing list and on the
dedicated wiki page (see [1]) so that me and others will not have to
repeat things.

My role is mainly to act as an interface between Debian and local
people, so please do not get in touch with local people without asking
me before: it is not because I am eccentric, but I really do not want
to waste other people time on things I volunteered to spend time on.

From now on I'll assume you're familiar with the discussion which
followed [2] and [3] in particular.

The wiki page [1] contains some minimal infos about Extremadura; if
you're going to dig deeper about culture/traditions, please feel free
to share infos/links (i.e. please add those to the wiki page).

1) Travel is included: in particular ticket from airport of origin to
   Madrid. A shuttle or something similar will take us from the airport
   to the Creofonte building.

First of all: tickets are priority for costing reasons, so I need to
know who's attending ASAP. Most people contacted by myself already
joined in, I'm still waiting for some answers to my ping messages. The
idea is to allow about 10 people from Europe and a couple of people
from outside Europe, one of which is Mike Emmel: upstream developer in
charge of gdk-directfb and CairoDFB libraries backends. Since Denis
Oliver Kropp, author maintainer of DirectFB, has signed in as well, it
would be great if some DD directly involved with such libraries could
join us. I thought about Alastair McKinstry but I had no answer from
him yet, so please let me know if you think of somebody appropriate
for this.

I'll need some personal infos (mail me privately):
 - Complete Name
 - Passport Number (or some ID number for EU members)
 - airport of origin
 - flight preferences (arrival day / departure day); let's see if we
   can simplify organizers task trying not to vary too much in
   arrival and departure times

Please feed infos about yourself to the wiki page as well
(you'll see what you need to specify there)

*** give top priority to these matters so that we can help organizers
*** to get better deals.

2) housing is included and food is included

housing will be Debconf-like. I mean, in the same place as the meeting
location.

if any of the attendees is vegan/vegetarian, or have any specific
issue with food, that should be told beforehand.

Random infos that could be useful to you:

* There are facilities for disabled people

* if needed we can borrow some hardware, so that we don't need
  to fit servers and monitors on the plane :)

Once again:
We can later work out the details (like things you'll need, etc), but
tickets are priority for costing reasons.

regards,
Davide

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstallerWorkSessionExtremadura2006jan
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2005/12/msg00676.html