d-i problems on mips

While I'm at it... (cc me, I'm no subscribed)

I installed two SGI Inidgo2s lately using sarge d-i.
Nearly everything went fine, but I came across one specific problem:
It's obvious (at least to me) to use XFS as filesystem on SGI machines, so I
wanted to use XFS on /. D-I made the FS, proceeded with installation, but
then failed to boot from the disk. p2-mate on #debian-devel then told me
that arcboot only supports ext2.
My point is: when it's not possible to use any other FS than ext2/3 on /,
then d-i shouldn't offer it or give a clear warning that the system will not
be able to boot up with the used bootloader.

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc