base-config shrinking again and again

> U    base-config/debian/postinst
> U    base-config/debian/changelog
> U    base-config/debian/templates
> D    base-config/lib/menu/passwd.mnu
> D    base-config/lib/menu/passwd

plus " * Clean up the intro message to not mention stuff that the
ever-shrinking base-config no longer does.  " in base-config changelog

Death of base-config predicted. Hope you're not that sad to see one of
your babies slowly dying, Joey.

The last bits we have might be harder to move, though. Do you have
plans for calling tasksel in stage1?

And what about the MTA step? Any ideas already?

Finally, if we really plan to *completely* get rid of base-config, then
thinking about the localization-config entry points could be worth it:
after all, we don't have *that* much time before etch release..:)

Just ideas thrown in the wild....