Re: Cannot preseed a locked password

Hi Christian,

That certainly sounds plausible.

I tried with a preseeded root hash of \*.  The installation completed without
prompting me for a value, but I ended up with the following in my /etc/shadow
file:
    root:value set:13089:0:99999:7:::

On the off-chance that there was two files "value" and "set", I tried
preseeding with crypt password set to \\\*, but this didn't fix the
problem :^/

Cheers,

Paul.