Re: Graphical installer: Great, but...

Hi,

> 4. It would be very nice to have some indication of how many
>    steps of the total number are done, e.g. "Step 3 of 20".
>    Compare with the graphical installers of Mandr* and SuSE.

This is often used in other installers, yes, but I was always
irritated when I'm in step 5 of 10, but as an example only
10 percent of the needed time is over. The different
steps need different amounts of time:
so what information is really given by that?

And when implementing this, we should also count the steps
needed after the reboot as an part of the installation.

Holger

Created with Sylpheed-Claws 1.0.4
    under Debian GNU/LINUX 3.1 Sarge - NOW STABLE!
        http://counter.li.org/,  Registered LinuxUser #311290
		Spamfiltering by www.spamassassin.org