Re: libgtk+2.0-directfb question

On Saturday 08 October 2005 15:36, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> in the last days i've been trying to understand why gtk.so crashes
> inside the miniiso using Alastair's libgtk+-directfb udeb.
> Today i unpacked libgtk+2.0-directfb0-udeb_2.0.9.2-3_i386.udeb contsnt
> inside /gtkudeb and ,as root i did

I have also run some tests. These tests were done:
- using the last frontend Attilio made available;
- using Alastair's libgtk+2.0-directfb0-udeb
- without the libc that is currently in the root tarball

1. Without library reduction
I created a modified mklibs that does most of its normal work, but does
not actually reduce libraries (instead it just copies them).
This resulted in a working frontend.

2. With library reduction, but copying some full libraries back in
   afterwards
I did this by adding something in the Makefile that copies an original
library into the tree after the library reduction step.
- only libc added back in, gives improvement but frontend still crashes;
- both libc and libm added back in, gives working frontend.

In all my tests strange fonts are still not shown.

Cheers,
FJP