Re: Beta 2 & auth proxy

> I tried to protect it by quotes, as well as not protecting them. I never
> succed to be authenticated by the proxy

The net-retriever just get's the value "mirror/http/proxy" or
"mirror/ftp/proxy" from the debconf system and exports it to the
environment variable http_proxy.

Then it uses wget to fetch the files.

You can try from the command line if the value you entered made it correctly
into debconf, e.g. looking into the cdebconf database somewhere in /var
from the second console.

It does NOT generate username/password stuff for the --proxy-user &
--proxy-passwd options of wget so far. Maybe you should add the code for
yourself (or file a wishlist bug).

--
Try Linux 2.6 from BitKeeper for PXA2x0 CPUs at
http://www.mn-logistik.de/unsupported/linux-2.6/