Re: sparc boot progress -- or at least a different error

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 07:04:42AM -0800, Blars Blarson wrote:
> After spending way to much time beeting on it, (and burning a couple
> coasters) I've finally gotten the sparc d-i to mount the generated
> root filesystem.  Unfortuanatly it doesn't get much farther:

Hi,

I tried to use netboot method, and I can't get my sparc to use initrd.

I tried two methods :

dhcp,netboot and setenv boot-file :
$ setenv boot-file "vga=normal initrd=netboot-initrd.gz
ramdisk_size=8192 root=/dev/rd/0 devfs=mount,dall rw"
$ boot net:dhcp

this loads the di.img (tftp image build from cvs), but I got an error
after I pressed three times ENTER when asking for a floopy :
from memory :
"... can't open rd/0, please use a correct root= option"

Second time, I use a silo.conf method, with vmlinux-2.4.21-sparc64
kernel and netboot-initrd.gz ( and same append option ).

i noticed that during kernel booting, devfs reported "0x1" as options (
i will re-check later ).

How can I use netboot for testing d-i ?