sarge installer and 3rd party modules

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my system installed with the latest sarge-netinst image using a USB flashdisk.

I have a supermicro system containing a marvell 4-port SATA controller, I received the driver source from supermicro compiled it for 2.6.8-1-386 and put the resulting module on the USB stick.

The installer boots allows me to configure country/language/keyboard, before the install program itself starts I exit to a shell and load the mv_sata.ko driver, it loads correctly and disks are detected. I can continue to setup the system (even the RAID ; it surprised me but you guys made really a great installer). But when installing the base system, there suddendly comes an error while creating the initrd image that it cannot find the mv_sata module and the installer stops.

What is the best way to include a 3rd party module that works as it should in the installer process ?

regards,

Bart Duchesne