[l10n] Manual translation issues

Hello!

As some of you might have noticed, I've re-initiated the russian
translation of the installation manual. We had an old xml2pot'ed version
of it in the CVS, so I tried to just update these files. I've taken the
english translation, applied xml2pot, then msgmerge'd them with existing
files, then used po2xml to make xmls again and filtered those through a
custom script, which fixed some awkward formatting when using po2xml. The
manual builds.

However, I seem to be the only one who does it this way. To me, the
current way of translating the XML files seems rather complicated, while
xml2pot way allows to use the same tools as with other packages.

Is there any (non-)obvious reason to prefer direct XML-editing over the
xml2pot way?

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org