cramfs: wrong magic?

Hi all,

I have tried the "hdinstall" way for installing Sarge on Pentium 233
where no CD boots. Copied the vmlinuz and initrd.gz to /boot/newinstall,
set up lilo.conf and rebooted.

Kernel loaded ramdisk correctly and then reported "cramfs: wrong magic".
Tried unpacking the ramdisk manually with gunzip to make sure it's not
corrupted. When I had it unpacked I ran 'file' on it and found out it's
a standard ext2fs, not cramfs.

It happened with rc1 but I tried also daily-build with same result. Any
idea what's wrong? The same set of files booted OK on another (Athlon
XP) machine.

Petr