Re: localization-config uploaded (former locale-config-skolelinux)

[Christian Perrier]
> What you're saying here indeed, is that the nl_NL as well as fr_FR and
> so on locales are indeed inconsistent and should *never* be used....

Not quite, but almost.  The fr_FR listing in SUPPORTED should not be
used, as it uses the ISO-8859-1 charset.  But it can not be replaced
with an entry using ISO-8859-15 because this would generate
incompatibilty problems on existing installations previously using the
old fr_FR and suddenly using the new fr_FR.  This is why the new
fr_FR@euro locale name was made.

So, yes, fr_FR should be removed, and stay gone for a few years,
before it is possible to consider bringing it back to as a locale
without ISO-8859-1 charset.

> All this goes further : why do we keep these locales if they are not
> consistent?

Backward compatibility.