Re: Debian installer for Apple XServe

Researching the 'missing driver' a bit further, it actually looks like the config option that is needed is:

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_NEW=y

This driver supports the Promise Ultra 100 TX2 [PDC20268], which seems to be the IDE device to which the harddisks are attached. So, what is the status on that one?

If this one is not compiled in, then I'll file a bug for that one.

b.t.w.

I downloaded kernel-patch-2.4.25-powerpc_2.4.25-4_all.deb and looked at config.powerpc. Am I right when thinking that *that* is the config file used for building the installer kernel ? Still confused about the whole d-i build process ;)

Regards,

Pepijn.