confused with udeb Depends: control field

Until now I was sure that Depends: control field of udebs is used in same
way as Depends: control field of norman debs.

However, seems it is not.

I just got an error while running make build_cdrom_isolinux in
installer/build. Yesterday it worked. Nothing was changed at my side since
yesterday.

Today there was an error from apt while downloading udebs; it complained
that main-menu has unmet deps, in particular libdebian-installer4 (>= 0.20)
is unsatisfiable.

I looked at Packages file that describes udebs, and found that there is NO
udeb with Package field set to 'libdebian-installer4'.
Although there is libdebian-installer4-udeb that Provides:
libdebian-installer4, versuioned deps can't be satisfied by Provides:

After looking for a while I found that yesterday the versioned dependency
was 'libdebian-installer4 (>= 0.19)' and was satisfied by
libdebian-installer4 installed on host. I could build the image after I
upgraded libdebian-installer4 on the host.

However, this confuses me. Why Depends: of udebs do ANYTHING with what is
installed on host? Versioned dependency on libdebian-installer4 is not the
single example. E.g. main-menu 0.061 udeb has 'libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4)' in
it's Depends.