Re: confused with udeb Depends: control field

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 01:49:52PM +0300, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> I looked at Packages file that describes udebs, and found that there is NO
> udeb with Package field set to 'libdebian-installer4'.
> Although there is libdebian-installer4-udeb that Provides:
> libdebian-installer4, versuioned deps can't be satisfied by Provides:

Where is this documented? Please note that the policy don't apply to udebs.

> However, this confuses me. Why Depends: of udebs do ANYTHING with what is
> installed on host? Versioned dependency on libdebian-installer4 is not the
> single example. E.g. main-menu 0.061 udeb has 'libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4)' in
> it's Depends.

Because udebs current are not able to have the same name than debs.

Bastian

--
If there are self-made purgatories, then we all have to live in them.
		-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.7